There are two international airports in Cyprus, the Larnaca International Airport and the Pafos(Paphos) International Airport. We recommend that you use the Larnaca Airport as it is the closest to Nicosia. To get to Nicosia you may use the airport bus or a taxi. The cost of the taxi is in the range of 40-50 euro each way. The shuttle bus cost is 7 euro each way.
You may check the shuttle bus schedule at: www.kapnosairportshuttle.com
The shuttle bus arrives in Nicosia at a stop, which is about 500 metres. Click here to see the map with directions from this stop to Hilton. You could walk to Hilton or take a taxi from this stop for a minimum cost.
A visa is generally not required but for non-Europeans, please check with the nearest Cyprus consulate. The currency of Cyprus is the Euro. You can change currency at the airport. Visa and MasterCard credit cards are accepted almost everywhere. The temperature during the day in April-May in Cyprus is usually around 25-30 degrees Celsius and during the evening around 18-22 degrees Celsius.
Special arrangement for citizens of Turkey: We requested approval for visa on arrival. We will make special announcements on the website. Visa on arrival will be arranged only for pre-registered participants.
Registration and Visa arrangement for Turkish Participants with Turkish passports.
(Turkish participants who have other nationality passports that do not require visa for Cyprus do not have to follow this procedure)
An arrangement is secured with the Ministry of Interior of Cyprus to provide visa to Turkish citizens on their arrival at the Larnaca International Airport in Cyprus for the purpose of attending the ERACON2009 conference from 29 April to 3 May 2009.
Turkish participants have to do the following:
- Register at the conference and make their registration fee payment Payment, only by Turkish participants, can be done to an account opened in Austria for this purpose, as payments to Cypriot Banks are still not possible. The bank details to make your payment is shown below
Transfer registration money to:
Bank Account: 438119
Swift code: RZOOAT2L545
Bank Name: Raiffeisenbank Inneres Salzkammergut
Bank address: Obere Marktstrasse 5, A-4822 Bad Goisern am Hallstättersee,Austria
Beneficiary: EAEC (c/o Makrides Gregory)
Indication: EAEC-ERACON Conference
- Make your on-line application and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org a copy of your passport in a pdf or jpeg format file together with the visa on arrival request application from. The passport copy will be used to arrange your visa on arrival and has to be a very clear copy. In addition we suggest that you also send your passport copy together with the application form by fax to +357-22894483. The page we need is the one with your photo and clear name details and passport number and expiration date. Make sure the passport is valid until the end of 2009, at least.
- When the visa on arrival is approved the Ministry of Interior will issue a letter to your name indicating that you are approved to receive a visa on arrival. You should not travel to Cyprus unless you have this paper in your hands, otherwise airlines will not allow you to get on board to the flight to Larnaca, Cyprus. In this way you can make any connection you wish to arrive to Larnaca, which could be through Athens, Sofia, Bucharest or other European cities.
- In order to have time to make all these arrangements the deadline for registration for Turkish participants including the sending of the copy of the passport is the 31st of March 2009. We will not process any visa application without registration and without a clear copy of your passport.
- In the case that a visa is denied the registration fee will be refunded fully. A visa will be denied if, for any reason, you are on the immigration stop list by the Cyprus authorities.